Sausage Rolls & Pinwheels
Prep 16 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
1kg sausage mince
6 sheets puff pastry
1 large brown onion, diced
2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
1 large egg, whisked
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your Ariston oven to 220°C Fan Forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a medium pan brown your onions and garlic with the aid of olive oil then allow to cool. In a large mixing bowl add in the sausage mince dried herbs, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and browned onion using your hands combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Make your egg wash by combining the whisked egg, milk and salt. On a bench lay out the puff pastry.
4. To make the sausage rolls roll out a 4cm thick piece of sausage mince that is the same width of the puff pastry being used and place it along the edge of said pastry. Brush some of the egg wash on the pastry down along the mince as it will help the pastry stick. Roll the pastry so it slightly overlaps and cut off the extra bit of pastry. Lay the sausage roll on the prepared baking tray and brush with egg wash then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat this process with the left over pastry.
5. To make the pinwheels spread out a thin layer of the sausage mince on a sheet of puff pastry leaving a 4cm gap along the top. Brush the exposed pastry then roll tightly from the bottom up. Once rolled cut the pinwheel into 2cm slices then lay on the prepared tray and brush with egg wash. Repeat the process with 2 more pastry sheets.
6. Cook your sausage rolls and pinwheels in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your choice of sauce.