Middle Eastern Fig & Filo Stacks
⅓ cup Pistachio Kernels
60g Butter, chopped
¼ cup Honey, plus 2 tbsp
7 Filo Pastry Sheets
1 cup Water
1 tsp Orange Blossom Water
1 cup Caster Sugar
12 Figs, thickly sliced
1 cup Greek Yoghurt
1. Preheat Ariston oven to 180°C, Forced Air function. Line a baking tray with baking paper, spread with the pistachios and bake in preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool and then roughly chop. Reserve for serving.
2. Place the butter and ¼ cup of honey into a small microwave safe bowl and melt on 650W for 30-40 secs or until melted. Whisk together until well combined.
3. Place pastry on a clean workbench and cover with a damp tea towel. Take one sheet of pastry, brush generously with butter mixture, and top with another sheet of pastry. Continue layering and brushing pastry until all sheets have been used and coated in the butter mixture. Cut the pastry into even rectangles, approx. 5 x 10cm, and bake on lined baking trays for 8-10 mins or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, place water, orange blossom water, sugar and extra 2 tbsp honey into a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium-high heat, until the syrup comes to a boil and the sugar has completely dissolved, and then reduce to a low simmer. Leave simmering, uncovered, for 3-4 mins. Spread figs in a single layer, in a shallow heatproof dish, and pour over the syrup. Set aside in fridge to cool.
5. To assemble, place 1 piece of pastry on a plate. Top with 1 tbsp of yoghurt, 2-3 slices of fig. Repeat and finish with a third piece of pastry on top. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and drizzle with 1-2 tbsp of syrup. Serve immediately.