200g Squid Rings, seasoned
200g Raw Prawn Cutlets, deveined & seasoned
300g Pipis, desanded
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Long Red Chillies, finely chopped
1 Lemon, zest & juice
¼ cup Olive Oil, plus extra
1 cup Dry White Wine
1 bunch Fresh Basil, leaves picked
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
Lemon Wedges, to serve
1. Put a large pot of water over high heat and bring to the boil. Season generously with salt.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a large fry pan over high heat. Add a generous splash of olive oil and fry off the calamari rings for 30 seconds on either side or until just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another generous splash of olive oil and fry off the prawn cutlets for 30 seconds on either side, or until just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside with calamari (seafood can be slightly undercooked as it will continue to cook while resting).
3. Deglaze pan with ¼ cup of olive oil and the white wine. Add in the pipis, garlic, chilli and lemon zest and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until pipis have opened. Remove lid and turn off heat.
4. Once water is at a rapid boil, cook pasta per instructions or until al dente.
5. Return the calamari and prawns to the frypan, along with the basil leaves, rocket and lemon juice. Use tongs to transfer the cooked pasta to the frypan, add in ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, and toss together until well combined. Serve with extra parmesan cheese and lemon wedges.