Easy Blueberry Ice Cream
400g can of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream
¼ cup sugar
1 cup fresh blueberries
Fresh squeeze of lemon juice
1. Gently boil blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
3. Using an electric mixer, whip cream on a medium speed until it forms stiff peaks.
4. In a separate bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Gently transfer the whipped cream to the bowl. Ensure that the blueberry mixture has completely cooled and add to the bowl. Mix until just combined.
5. Transfer mixture to a loaf pan and cover with wax paper. Place in the freezer for a minimum of six hours before serving. Ice cream will keep well for two weeks.